Posted on October 26, 2012 ·
When I was pregnant, I met some new ladies who attend the same church. They hadn't known me long but immediately excepted me with open arms. A few weeks before our son Connor was born, they asked if they could help in anyway. We didn't know what to say and wasn't sure what kind of help to even say we needed, my parents were coming down for a few days so we thought we were fine. But, my parents didn't stay as long as we hoped (they had work to get back to), and Philip had to go back to work a few days later.
These ladies arranged through church, meal plans for a little over a week. M-F, someone from church signed up to bring us dinner. And every night, our bellies were full, and there were plenty of left overs. It got to the point that the refrigerator was so full, I didn't even try to pack Philip a lunch. He had left overs for lunch. It was convenient for me (being a new exhausted mommy of two), the food was not wasted, and he had a delicious lunch everyday (better than the pb&j that he requests everyday).
And I can not forget my wonderful neighbors or as we jokingly call ourselves "The Real Housewives" of the neighborhood (haha). They welcomed us into their lives with open arms. They have showed us so much kindness and we consider them family, not just friends. They too brought us gifts, hosted a baby shower for us, brought us dinner and gifts and so much more!
I can not thank these ladies and their families enough for all their hard work and generosity. We didn't know them very well and we were fairly new to the area and our church. God has put some very wonderful people in our path and I am very thankful for that, him and them!
As I close, I have to say this move back to North Carolina was a great one. I hated to leave my family but we would not have all these (other) blessings; wonderful people in our lives, Sophia is a different person down here, we own our own house (which we could never afford in Maryland - things are way too expensive there), and Philip has a wonderful job!
